Play with the biggest teams in world soccer, featuring Spanish champions FC Barcelona, global giants Manchester United, German champions FC Bayern München, and Italian champions Juventus — who feature exclusively in PES!
eFootball PES 2020 ushers in a new decade of industry-leading football simulation with a bold promise to revolutionize eFootball and introduce the sport to a global audience. The PES series continues its dedicated pursuit of realism, bringing with it several impactful changes that instils every moment of play with a sense of complete freedom and control. Having enlisted the expertise of legendary midfielder Andrés Iniesta, the latest installment in the series has been shaped with a renewed focus on immersion and authenticity.
Prepare to be awed by new dribbling skills and finely-tuned ball physics that will enable you to exercise a greater level of control over your play than ever before. Take the manager’s seat in a completely revamped Master League and experience the unique satisfaction of orchestrating a stunning victory from behind the scenes of your very own club. Be swept away by the energy of the crowd as you battle for dominance in the new competitive mode, Matchday. Finally, take in the sights and sounds of the pitch realized in unparalleled detail thanks to myriad graphical and audio improvements.
POWERFUL GAMEPLAY CHANGES COMING TO eFootball PES 2020
- NEW DRIBBING TECHNIQUE: FINESSE DRIBBLE – New in eFootball PES 2020, Finesse Dribble is an advanced technique that will allow you to snake between defenders with exceptional agility. Developed in close consultation with world renowned midfielder, Andrés Iniesta, Finesse Dribble empowers players with an affinity for technical flair to use superior technique and special awareness to outfox the opposition
- UPGRADED TRAPPING MECHANICS – Trapping a football is something of an art and each player has his own unique approach to taking command of the ball. eFootball PES 2020 presents huge improvements to the way that trapping works in-game. Players will now exhibit enhanced intelligence when interacting with an approaching ball, choosing a trapping technique that is not only representative of their personal playstyle, but also one that suits the match situation. A handful of new trapping skills will also be available; including No Touch Control, which enables you run beside an incoming ball without making contact; and the Trick Trap, a skill that allows you to feint a trap in one direction before deftly veering to the other to beat an opponent
- CONTEXT-SENSITIVE KICK ACCURACY – A greater level of realism has been added to the pitch this season with enhanced context-sensitivity for kicking. This means that the accuracy of each shot and pass you unleash will change relative to how you’re positioned on the pitch, making for a deeper and more authentic football experience
- AUTHENTIC DEFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR – Significant improvements have been made to accurately recreate every tense moment of play that occurs around the box when defenders clamber to shut down a well-executed attack. These improvements include additional sliding tackle animations, more realistic animation when clearing the ball with your head, as well as the option to perform an Intentional Foul as a last-ditch effort to save an otherwise hopeless situation
- IMPROVED BALL PHYSICS – First-touch interactions will now be rendered with far greater realism, allowing shrewd players to better anticipate the path of the ball. Technically-minded football fans will also be able to take advantage of a finely-tuned ball control system that will allow them to manipulate the ball with various parts of their feet and control it with a greater level of dexterity
- ADAPTIVE PLAYER INTERACTION: INSPIRE – Not only will each player’s individual playstyle affect the way he interacts with the ball, but it will also have a significant impact on the behavior of the players around him. For example, when a player renowned for his dribbling ability takes possession of the ball, his teammates will spread out to give him adequate space to make a penetrating run. Similarly, when a known playmaker is on the ball, his teammates will position more aggressively to take advantage of his prodigious passing ability
- PLAY LIKE RONALDINHO – Renowned the world over as one of the sport’s most entertaining players, Ronaldinho’s unique style of football is coming to eFootball PES 2020 in a big way. The introduction of several new Ronaldinho-inspired animation sets means that you’ll finally be able to move like the man himself, using unparalleled technical flair and fluid movement to beat defenders with impunity. You’ll also be able to use some of his showboat first-touch techniques, including chest control and back control
MASTER LEAGUE REMASTERED
- INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE SYSTEM – New in eFootball PES 2020, Master League’s powerful interactive dialogue system puts the reins firmly in your hands when it comes to controlling story progression. Within new cinematic cutscenes, choose responses that suit your personality to drive mode progression and create your own personal Master League story
- MORE REALISTIC TRANSFERS – The transfer market will now use a brand-new algorithm built on a rich library of real-world football data to ensure that transfers, transfer fees, salaries and various other elements are in close alignment with reality. The new transfer system will be more customizable than previous years, with the ability to configure how often transfers occur, how difficult negotiations will be, how often your players are played and whether they can transfer in their first year at your club
- IMPROVED MANAGER MODELS – eFootball PES 2020 will allow you to customize your manager model with a greater level of freedom thanks to the use of high performance 3D scanning technology to capture images of individuals of varying body shapes and sizes. Create an avatar in your own image, or something entirely different. Additionally, you’ll now be able to play through Master League using one of several world-renowned managers as your avatar, including Zico, Cruyff and Maradona
- CUSTOMIZABLE SPONSOR LOGOS – Create and customize your own sponsor logos, which will be displayed on the media backdrop during interviews as well as on the Master League main menu screen
NEW ‘MATCHDAY’ MODE
- FEEL THE RIVALRY – Matchday does more than capture the spectacle of football’s biggest matches and most notorious rivalries – it distils the essence of football culture into a competitive format that lifts you out of the spectator stands and puts you onto the pitch. Align yourself with one of two different sides at the start of each weekly event, where every perfectly placed pass and show-stopping goal you unleash contributes points toward your side’s victory. Stand alongside PES newcomers and seasoned veterans alike as you work together to gradually build an advantage for your side ahead of the Grand Final of each event
- ROAD TO THE GRAND FINAL – As each weekly event enters its final phase, the results from all Group Matches played are analyzed to find the best performing user from each side. These users are selected as Representatives, earning the right to compete in the Grand Final on behalf of their chosen side – fully viewable via a livestream feed in Matchday mode. Win or lose, all Matchday participants will receive rewards for their efforts after the Grand Final finishes; however, to the victor go the more impressive spoils
THE BEAUTIFUL GAME, MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN IT’S EVER BEEN
- OVERHAULED PRESENTATION – With so many integral changes to the gameplay, in-game moments in eFootball PES 2020 will be a new experience, and this will be insinuated with the introduction of a new preset camera angle that offers a compelling broadcast feel. eFootball PES 2020 introduces a brand-new visual identity and a modern presentation that’s striking from the very first screen. With regular content updates, the new dynamic menus ensure that you’re experiencing all that eFootball PES 2020 has to offer
- ENHANCED LIGHTING ENGINE – Vast improvements made to the lighting engine ensure a greater level of immersion as the stadium, stands and players are brought to life under both natural and manmade light. Enjoy a unique visual experience in every match as dynamic daytime lighting systems simulate the sun’s position in the sky to create hyper realistic shadows
- IMPROVED PLAYER MODELS – 3D full-body scans have been taken of numerous players to add a new layer of photorealism to player models in eFootball PES 2020. Scanned players have been recreated with exceptional attention to detail, with each of their movements calculated and rendered in game with stunning accuracy
- REALISTIC CUTSCENES AND REPLAYS – Enjoy movie-grade experiences with Master League’s cinematic cutscenes, expertly interwoven with the mode’s new dialogue system. Special attention has also been paid to improving the graphical quality of replay footage, allowing you to analyze every second of playback to dissect each individual play in amazing detail
- ENHANCED TURF RENDERING – Dramatic improvements to turf rendering add depth and personality to each blade of grass.