The smash-hit stylish action game DMC4 is back and better than ever, boasting new playable characters and game modes! — Vergil is back and better than ever! Trish is easy to handle, but turns up the heat with her combos! And Lady is playable for the first time in the series!
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will include all the dynamic action and style introduced in the original 2008 release, which sold more than 3 million units worldwide, plus Legendary Dark Knight Mode, gameplay improvements, and three new playable characters in addition to the previously playable Nero and Dante. With a total of five playable characters, each with completely unique playstyles, this game has the largest roster of playable characters in any Devil May Cry game to date! The bolstered roster will allow gamers to discover many new ways to execute stylish combos in this action-packed game. Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available starting June 23, 2015 as a digital download for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Devil May Cry 4 tells the story of Nero, a young knight from the Order of the Sword, a mysterious group committed to the extermination of all demons. Nero is tasked with finding Dante, the mysterious assassin who murdered the head of the Order of the Sword. At the same time, more demons begin to appear throughout the city. Nero will soon come to discover the motives behind Dante’s appearance and the truth behind the intentions of the Order of the Sword.
- Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – The game now supports a 1080p resolution with striking high-res textures, while retaining the original title’s smooth 60fps on next-gen consoles.
- Largest roster of playable characters to date – In addition to the return of Nero and Dante, now Vergil, Trish and Lady are playable with each of their own distinctly different playstyles.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Take on the challenge of fighting hordes of enemies all at once, putting their combat skills to the ultimate test. In this mode, enemies spawn in greater numbers and with more strength and vitality, allowing players more time to execute longer, more exciting combos.
- Rebalanced combat system – Changes have been made to improve the game tempo and gameplay balance.
- Bonus costumes – New costumes and skins have been added and are designed to be completely compatible with in-game cutscenes, bringing a fresh new look to the campaign.