14 Jun, 2016
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors’ goal in each encounter is to escape the Map without getting caught by the Killer – something that’s not as easy as it sounds, especially when the environment changes every time you play.
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4 vs. 1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
– Save the best for last: As Obsession stays alive, cooldown of missed and successful attacks are decreased.
– Dying Light: The Obsession’s speed for altruistic actions such as healing and rescuing is increased. But once killed, there’s a penalty to repairing, healing and sabotage for other Survivors.
– Play with your food: As you let your Obsession escape after a chase, your movement speed is increased.
– Last Survivor: Your chances of survival increase as other Survivors die – disrupting the Killer’s aura-reading ability.
– Decisive Strike: As a last way of escaping the Killer’s grasp, Laurie takes a stab at the Killer.
– Object of Obsession: If you’re the Killer’s Obsession, you are able to see the Killer’s own aura.